Sunday 15 April 2018

Cathy Duffy Recommended Reads for Homeschoolers - Reading and Writing

Today I tackled my cupboard under the stairs. It's a real treasure trove of stationery, craft supplies and educational books. At the last count it held 5 full sized bookcases (all crammed to bursting) and numerous heavy duty crates. Until today I had no idea what was in my catalogue but was aghast to find I had duplicates of many books, classroom packs of coloured pencils, glue sticks and sticky notes. And I haven't started on the reading books yet! Thinking back what I really needed was a spirit guide or at least less choice, or some recommendations as a starting point. 

This is where Cathy Duffy comes in. Cathy is the know-all when it comes to homeschool curriculum. She has reviewed hundreds of homeschool resources to help educators like me and you make an informed decision when shopping for homeschool curriculum. So as soon as I see a product has been approved by Cathy Duffy, I am more likely to trust it.

In my last post I brought you a selection of  Cathy-approved maths and science picks available at Educents.com. Today's selection is related to reading and writing. I hope these double-recommended educational resources will relieve you from endless hours of shopping around for the best (and most cost-effective) homeschool curriculum.Elementary Reading & Writing

Grammaropolis

grammaropolis 

I can't say enough about story-based learning. It's one of the oldest ways we've learned from each other - starting with fables that teach us to be good to one another. Grammaropolis is a great tool for K-3rd grade learners on their quest for perfect English grammar, which isn't always straight forward! This set comes with animated shorts, music videos, books, and quizzes, so you've got a lot of learning styles covered.

  get-it-now-200x60

A Reason for Handwriting

a reason for handwriting 
A Reason For Handwriting provides your students with a truly meaningful way to develop their handwriting! Lessons are each built upon a Bible verse which is chosen for encouragement as well as letter combinations. It's been proven that when kids enjoy a subject, they retain more and learn more effectively. A Reason for Handwriting brings enjoyment to the task of learning to write well.

  get-it-now-200x60

Spelling Workout


 Want to build your child's foundation in spelling? Spelling Workout will help create a solid building block of phonics principles. But don't worry, these lessons are not dull! There are puzzles, riddles, and activities that will keep your student's interest. Each bundle includes a Teacher Edition, Student Edition, and Parent Guide.

  get-it-now-200x60

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a message. I read every single one and try to reply to as many as possible.

Tried Amazon Prime?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover